Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hiking Chimney Rock


We headed out for a fun day of hiking.  This was a first for our family.  
I had high expectations.
It was everything I hoped.  
We had a blast!
(At least most of us did.)
My facebook comment at the end of the day was:

It was great! We are all pooped. We will be sore tomorrow. 
Middle sister was a rockstar, always leading the pack. 
Little Man walked half and rode half in Daddy's back carrier. 
Daddy had the hardest job when Little Man was in tow. 
Big Sis complained the whole time. 
And, I LOVED IT! 
We ended our trip with homemade ice cream and a purchase of a peck of peaches from a huge peach farm. 
I love when thing go as planned!








First to the top!  She was just standing and waiting for us!


















Big Sis was at wits end right before we made it to the falls.  
She decided not to join us.  
She was trying to prove a point....but she just missed out.
She regretted that decision when her younger siblings came back and told her how much fun they had.
She then decided she would go "see" them. 








Our last trail was a kid's trail full of fun and informative stuff.












Then it was time to reward ourselves for all our hard work!




And then the best part.....

Peaches....


Peaches.....


And more peaches...


It really was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. this made me think of you.....
    http://eatathomecooks.com/
    Ali

    ReplyDelete